Beth T. Morrison
Beth Morrison works with clients, individuals, and businesses alike, to implement tax-efficient estate plans. Her experience includes drafting trusts, wills, real estate documents, and other estate planning tools. Beth has established guardianships for people with disabilities and developed estate plans utilizing special needs and supplemental needs trusts to fulfill clients’ specific estate planning goals. In addition, she advises clients on business matters related to formations and buy-sell agreements.
- Developed and implemented tax-efficient estate plans.
- Drafted trusts, wills, real estate documents and other estate planning tools.
- Represented clients throughout the probate process.
- Advised clients on business needs including LLC formations and review buy-sell agreements.
- Completed Minnesota and Federal estate tax returns.
- Established guardianships for people with disabilities and developed estate plans utilizing special needs and supplemental needs trusts to fulfill clients specific estate planning goals.
- Drafted estate plans for individuals and families at all levels of complexity, ranging in value from very modest to ultra-high net worth.
- Developed strategies to reduce or eliminate federal estate and gift taxes.
- Filed applications for tax exempt status of charities and foundations with the IRS and advised on other charitable planning techniques.
- North Dakota
- North Star Lawyer
- Jack DeWitt Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2016
- Dean’s Award in Estate Planning, University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Standpoint (formerly known as Battered Women’s Legal Advocacy Project), former board member
- Tubman Family Alliance, Pro Bono Safety Project
- Street Law Project, former volunteer
- University of St. Thomas Advanced Trial Advocacy Class, volunteer
- Minneapolis Women’s Rotary Club, president 2017-2018, board of directors 2014-2018
- Wills for Heroes, volunteer
- Minneapolis Alumni Club of Pi Beta Phi, fundraising chair, 2014–2016
- “Overview and Sources of Minnesota Trust Law Chapter,” co-author, Minnesota Trust Administration Deskbook, August 2018
- “The Prince Estate: How Intestacy Works, How it Could Work, and How it Fails as an Estate Plan,” co-author, Mitchell Hamline Law Review Volume 43 Issue 6, March 31, 2018
- "Your First Irrevocable Trust," Minnesota Probate and Trust Conference, June 10, 2019
- “Estate Planning Tools,” Hallberg Engineering, January 1, 2016
- “Estate Planning for Families with Special Needs Children,” Down Syndrome Parent Support Group, January 1, 2016
- “End of Life Workshop,” Thrivent Financial, January 1, 2015