Benjamin M. Podobinski
Benjamin Podobinski assists clients in various litigation. He has experience in trial preparation including witness preparation, cross-examination, conducting depositions, and drafting pertinent documents like exhibit and witness lists, and trial and post-trial briefs.
While earning his undergraduate degree, Ben was a member of St. Thomas’s varsity Baseball team, earning All-Conference and All-Region honors on teams that made appearances in the NCAA World Series in 2012 and 2014, finishing third both years.
Between undergrad and law school, Ben worked as a Consumer Analyst in the Office of the Minnesota Attorney General, where he handled mediations on behalf of Minnesota residents and researched consumer justice issues.
Ben's representative experience includes:
- Defense of a breach of fiduciary duty and breach of covenant of good faith lawsuit against a securities company regarding acts committed by an independent contractor of the company, obtaining default judgment against the independent contractor and favorable settlement for the client.
- Litigated and negotiated a settlement agreement with a medical client regarding an infringing trademark by a competing medical company, prevented the infringing mark from being used in commerce.
- Navigated four concurring lawsuits between the same parties in Ramsey and Anoka County involving commercial eviction actions, constructive trust claims, equitable liens, and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Successfully argued for motions for summary judgment in breach of contract, unjust enrichment, and conversion cases concerning damages of hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Answered a third-party subpoena, conducted client counseling, and performed document review in a federal class action lawsuit involving a large electronics distributor.
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
Minneapolis80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2019
University of St. Thomas, B.A., psychology, 2014