Anthony D. Todero
Tony Todero focuses on commercial finance. He partners with businesses, banks, life insurance companies, and other institutional borrowers and lenders in a variety of financial transactions, including commercial real estate and other asset-based lending, public finance on municipal bond transactions, syndicated and club credit facilities, loan participations, and senior and mezzanine debt financing. Tony also advises his clients on corporate compliance, business formation, and private equity offerings.
Tony has insight into the agricultural market as a graduate and faculty member of The Agricultural Lending Institute at California State University, Fresno. He regularly presents to commercial lending professionals on title insurance, flood insurance, and the Uniform Commercial Code. Tony also has a robust third-party legal opinion practice, and is articles editor for Opinion Matters: The Newsletter of the Committee on Legal Opinions in Real Estate Transactions of the American Bar Association's Section of Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law.
- Borrower’s counsel in connection with $220 million credit facilities, including revolving loan, term loan, and construction loan for dairy processing facility.
- Borrower’s counsel for $6,650,000 tax-exempt recreational facility notes for acquisition and construction of leased portion of community center.
- Borrower’s counsel for $17,615,000 tax-exempt revenue notes for acquisition and construction of independent living and memory care units.
- Borrower’s counsel for $6 million tax-exempt bond financing on a housing and healthcare project.
- Represented administrative agent and lead lender in connection with $150 million syndicated credit facilities for one of North America’s largest dealers of farm equipment, involving 30 collateral properties in nine states.
- Represented the nation’s premier secondary market provider of agricultural credit in multiple transactions involving bond purchases and mortgage lending totaling over $175 million.
- Represented one of the most active private agricultural lenders with a loan portfolio of over $15 billion.
- Represented the investment division of a nonprofit fraternal benefit society to provide mortgage loans to finance commercial real estate.
- Public Service Award, Minnesota Justice Foundation
- Agricultural Lenders Society of California, Director and Membership Chair, March 2019–present
- American Bar Association, Section of Real Property, Trust, and Estate Law, Opinion Matters: The Newsletter of the Committee on Legal Opinions in Real Estate Transactions, Articles Editor, January 2018–present
- Midlands Chapter of the Risk Management Association, Membership Chair, August 2017–February 2019
- Speaker, Solving Debtor-Creditor Issues Involving LLCs and Members, Minnesota LLCs - 2020 Update & Hot Topics, Minnesota CLE, January 14, 2020
- Speaker, Unique Features of Agricultural Title Insurance, American Bankers Association Commercial Lending School - Agricultural, May 1, 2019
- Speaker, Who’s on First? – Moneyball for Title Insurance Requirements, Ag Lending Institute, June 1, 2018
- Speaker, Flood Insurance Compliance Issues for Lenders, Compliance Professionals of Omaha, October 1, 2017
- Financial Services Alert: A Cautionary Tale Regarding the Strict Notice Requirements for Purchase Money Security Interests4/30/2019
- “Bankruptcy Court Voids ‘Bankruptcy Blocking’ Provisions in Operating Agreement,” Opinions Matters, ABA Publishing1/1/2018
- “Commercial Lending Law: A Jurisdiction-By-Jurisdiction Guide to U.S. and Canadian Law,” chapter lead author, ABA Publishing1/1/2016
- “Federal Bankruptcy Court in Nebraska Discharged Private Student Loans,” Nebraska Banker3/1/2015
- “Flood Zone Searches: May a Lender Rely on a Previous Determination?” co-author, Ag Banking1/1/2014
- “The Stop Tax Haven Abuse Act: A Unilateral Solution to a Multilateral Problem,” Minnesota Journal of International Law1/1/2010
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
University of Minnesota, M.A.
University of Pittsburgh, B.A., cum laude