Andrew R. Ehle, Ph.D.
Dr. Andrew Ehle is a research chemist with a strong background in methodology development. He is well-versed in writing technology transfer documents, patents and other technical documents. Dr. Ehle's experience also spans several sub-disciplines, including the synthesis of complex intermediates, characterization of compounds and purification of organic and organometallic compounds. His graduate thesis focused on the efficient formation of carbon-carbon bonds via the functionalization of carbon-oxygen bonds.
Prior to joining the firm, Dr. Ehle worked as a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Engineering at Virginia Commonwealth University. There, his work focused on the development of an improved synthesis of potent anti-HIV drugs, as well as the advancement of a continuous reactor process towards hydroxyl propyl adenine, a key component in many anti-HIV drugs.
- Invited Contribution to Special Edition, Synlett, 2015
- University of Delaware Professional Development Award, 2014
- Top 10 Most-Read Papers, Organic Letters, 2012
- Order of the Arrow Award, Boy Scouts of America, 2003
- Member, American Chemical Society, Organic Chemistry Division, 2005-Present
- Member, Student Invited Seminar Committee, 2011-2015
- Boy Scouts of America, Volunteer Leader, 2005 – Present
- Delaware State Park System, Volunteer Member, 2012-2014
- Ehle, Andrew R.; Morris, Melissa; Kelbon, Bryan; Yap, Glenn; Watson, Mary P., “Stereoselective Synthesis of Trisubstituted Vinyl Bromides via Addition of Alkynes to Oxocarbenium Ions”, Synlett, 2015, 26(19), 2702-2706
- Ehle, Andrew R.; Zhou, Qi; Watson, Mary P., “Nickel(0)-Catalyzed Heck Cross-Coupling via Activation of Aryl C-OPiv Bonds,” Organic Letters, 2012, 14(5), 1202-1205
- Eddy, Jennifer W.; Davey, Evan A.; Malsom, Richard D.; Ehle, Andrew R.; Kassel, Scott; Goodson, Felix E., “Palladium Complexes with Aqueous Partitioning Dibenzylideneacetone Ligands: A New Strategy for Catalyst Design in Suzuki Polycondensation Reactions,” Macromolecules, 2009, 42(22), 8611-8614
- Co-Speaker, Formation of Highly Substituted Vinyl Bromides, 247th ACS National Meeting, March 2014
- Co-Speaker, Nickel-Catalyzed Heck Cross-Couplings via Activation of Strong C-O Bonds, 43rd Middle Atlantic Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, May-June 2012
- Co-Speaker, Nickel-Catalyzed Heck Cross-Couplings via Activation of Strong C-O Bonds, ACS National Meeting, August 2012
- Co-Speaker, DiaryInorbornadiene Derivatives: Synthesis and Initial Photochemical Studies, 236th ACS National Meeting, August 2008
28 State StreetSuite 700Boston, MA 02109
University of Delaware, Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, 2014
West Chester University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Chemistry, 2009