As a litigator, Amy Erickson is a dedicated advocate for her clients, focusing her practice on administrative and regulatory investigations and disputes; political law and government relations; trusts and estates litigation; and complex civil litigation.
In the administrative and regulatory area, Amy helps clients conduct internal investigations and respond to external investigations. She frequently represents individuals and businesses who are the subject of investigations by agencies at all levels of government, including the Attorney General’s Office, Department of Commerce, Department of Health, Social Security Administration, and the Minnesota Campaign Finance Board. Amy also draws on her broad policy, political, and campaign experience by advising nonprofit advocacy organizations in connection with political and lobbying activities and compliance with federal and state campaign finance laws.
Amy also has a robust trusts and estates litigation practice, helping clients resolve disputes over the administration of trusts or estates, will contests, and matters of guardianship or conservatorship. Amy works diligently to make sure her clients’ interests are protected, and her interpersonal skills make her an effective advocate for clients in these often highly emotional cases.
Before joining the firm, Amy held various public section positions, including Policy Director for the Colorado State Senate Majority Office and field coordinator for a congressional campaign.
- Represented the League of Women Voters of Minnesota & Vivian Latimer Tanniehill v. Steve Simon in an election law case where absentee-voter witness requirements were removed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Obtained a Federal Court injunction under the Voting Rights Act for the League of Women Voters of Minnesota & Council on Islamic American Relations v. Atlas Ageis & Anthony Caudle.
- Represented the District of Columbia and 14 States in Donald J. Trump For President, Inc., et al. v. Steve Simon (Robert LaRose, et al., Intervenors) in a case regarding mail-in ballots postmarked by Election Day.
- Served as Standby Counsel on Election Day 2020 for Election Systems & Software, the largest voting machine company in the U.S.
- Co-authored, "Undue Influence in Estate Planning: When Help Goes Too Far," Hennepin County Bar Association, April 23, 2020
Client Alerts and Blog Posts
- April 27, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- February 27, 2019
In the News
- July 18, 2019
- Board Member, Emerge Colorado, 2013-2014
- AmeriCorps Volunteer, 2009-2010
- "North Star Lawyers," Minnesota State Bar Association, 2018
- 2017 National Association of Women Lawyers Outstanding Student Award
- Amy Erickson, Selma to Selma: Modern Day Voter Discrimination in Alabama, 35 75 (2017)
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2017, Law & Inequality: A Journal of Theory and Practice, Volume 35, Editor-in-Chief
Gustavus Adolphus College, B.A., with honors, 2009