Alyssa J. Hirschfeld
Alyssa Hirschfeld serves as co-chair of the Mergers & Acquisitions group and concentrates her practice on general corporate law transactions and mergers and acquisitions. She has represented clients in a variety of industries in mergers, acquisitions, and sales of business units.
As a member of the national working group that produces the Private Target Mergers & Acquisitions Deal Points Study of the Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the American Bar Association, Alyssa maintains deep and current knowledge of negotiating trends in transactions. Alyssa’s experience includes all phases of M&A transactions, from drafting and negotiating letters of intent, through due diligence, drafting and negotiating acquisition documents, facilitating closing and handling post-closing matters. She also regularly works with all sizes of private companies on shareholder agreements, general corporate and contract issues, corporate governance, and financing matters.
Additionally, Alyssa represents companies obtaining senior or mezzanine financing, or lenders providing such financing.
- Represented a publicly held software company in its acquisition of several privately held software companies.
- Represented a private equity fund in its acquisition of a heavy manufacturing business, including minority equity participants and senior and mezzanine acquisition financing.
- Represented an international franchisor in its disposition of 58 corporate-owned locations.
- Represented a privately held manufacturer of infant products in its sale via merger to a private equity-backed strategic acquirer.
- Represented a privately held provider of continuing teacher education programs in its sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a privately held industrial container conditioner in its sale to a strategic acquirer.
- Represented multiple private equity funded portfolio companies in recapitalization transactions and senior and mezzanine finance transactions.
- Represented a publicly held medical device company in its acquisition of several independent sales representative businesses.
- ABA Private Target M&A Deal Points Study Working Group
- Twin Cities Chapter of the Washington University Alumni Association, chair
- ResourceWest, Board of Directors
- "Purchase and Sale of a Business," MN CLE, January 22, 2020
- "Understanding and Negotiating Legal Issues," Carlson School of Management Executive Education M&A Course, December 2019
- “Sales and Mergers of Minnesota Corporations,” Minnesota CLE, August 21, 2019
- “Women in the Deal Profession,” Minnesota CLE, March 1, 2019
- "Commercial Drafting: How to Draft and Use Letters of Intent," Minnesota CLE, December 3, 2018
- “Contracts: Pre-Deal Letters of Intent,” Minnesota CLE, April 1, 2018
- “How to Draft and Use Letters of Intent,” Minnesota CLE, February 1, 2017
- “Negotiating Risk Allocation in M&A: Indemnities, Caps, Baskets and More,” Clear Law Institute, September 1, 2016
- “Negotiating 10 Key M&A Provisions: Buyer vs. Seller,” National Business Institute, November 1, 2015
- “Key Contractual Terms,” Minnesota State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Your First Contract: How to Review and Draft Contracts, Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 1, 2012
- January 2, 2020
- January 23, 2019
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
Boston College Law School, J.D., 2005
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., cum laude, 2002