Abby M. Swanson Garney, CIPP/US
Abby Swanson Garney is a recent graduate of the University of Minnesota Law School.
Abby assists clients with M&A due diligence and advises entrepreneurs. She also conducts audit reports, risk assessments, and drafts legal memorandum. Abby is knowledgeable in the areas of “internet of things” (IoT), artificial intelligence, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Abby is a Certified Information Privacy Professional in U.S. law (CIPP/US).
She also participated in the Gray Plant Mooty Summer Associate Program in 2017 and 2018. As part of the program, she conducted research, provided analysis, and drafted client alerts.
- Robina Public Interest Scholar
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- International Privacy and Security Forum, Volunteer, 2019
- November 13, 2019
- "Clearing the Fog About FDD Readability," The Franchise Lawyer10/1/2018
- Nonprofit Alert: Political Advertising on Social Media — New Requirements Emerge in Advance of the 2018 Elections9/7/2018
80 South Eighth Street500 IDS CenterMinneapolis, MN 55402
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., with concentration in IP & Technology Law and Criminal Justice, Dean’s List
Western Governors University, B.A.