Aaron J. Crandall
Aaron Crandall’s practice focuses on providing general counsel services to entrepreneurs and private- and family-owned companies, and advising business clients on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, technology, privacy, and intellectual property. Aaron’s engagements range from representing startup companies in formation, choice of entity, and financing, to assisting private equity groups in evaluating and structuring strategic acquisitions. Aaron represents clients across a range of industries, including medical, dental, and professional practices; private equity and venture capital; manufacturing; printing; information technology; online and Internet-based companies; and privacy compliance.
Aaron has assisted clients with acquisitions in print services, manufacturing, online technology, sports and entertainment, and information technology. He also regularly represents entrepreneurs and private companies in connection with organizational documents and shareholder agreements, manufacturing arrangements, joint ventures, strategic alliances, management buy-outs, online regulatory compliance, and privacy and data security compliance.
Aaron has taught introductory legal courses as an adjunct professor at St. Cloud State University, has lectured for Minnesota CLE on Choice of Entity, and has served as a discussion leader for the Anderson Center Negotiation Forum.
- Advised buyer in acquisition and roll-up of over 30 companies in technology and managed services industry.
- Represented private equity company in purchase of various companies across a wide-range of industries, including manufacturing and online technology.
- Represented manufacturing company in sale to private equity buyer.
- Negotiated and advised technology companies on compliance with COPPA, the CAN-SPAM Act, and online privacy, and data security.
- Advised buyer in purchase of printing company pursuant to Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented 100% ESOP-owned company in sale to private equity buyer.
- Represented online technology and mobile advertising company in sale to international buyer.
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- “Minnesota Rising Star,” Thomson Reuters, 2008-2009
- 5 Under 40 award (Times Media 5 under 40 award recognizes leaders that make a difference in the St. Cloud, Minn., area with their innovation and involvement)
- October 24, 2017
- “Responding to Acquisition Offers (Considerations When Selling an ESOP-Owned Company),” 2016 Midwest ESOP ConferenceSeptember 9, 2016
- September 1, 2009
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Stearns/Benton County Bar Association
- Rotary Club of St. Cloud
- Sartell Area Youth Basketball Association
- Member of Central Minnesota YMCA Board of Directors
- January 7, 2019
- August 24, 2016
- "Choice of Entity," The Minnesota Business Law Deskbook: Corporations and LLCs6/1/2010
1010 West Saint GermainSuite 500Saint Cloud, MN 56301
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1999
Hamline University, B.A., cum laude, 1996, Economics, Political Science